Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Weekend in Wine Country

We left the condo about 8:30 Saturday morning and drove to Sonoma Valley. It was 21 degrees at the top of Donner Pass. When we got to Sonoma, it was 68 degrees...a beautiful day. We stopped for lunch at a little French Bistro and ate a salad and turkey sandwich; both were very good.

We spent the night at Dry Creek Inn in Healdsburg. Sunday we spent the day going through wineries and vineyards making our way back to Napa Valley. It is beautiful even though the vines are dormant this time of year. Mustard grows beneath the vines and is in full bloom with yellow blooms. It is very pretty to look out at the vineyards covering the rolling hills in full bloom with yellow flowers. When I get a connection for the camera, I will post some photos we took.

Overall, we had a great weekend and it was a nice break for us.

We had a treatment on Monday and will have one each day this week and will make our trip back home on Friday afternoon. We found out on Friday that the blood work that was done at the clinic on Tuesday when we first got here, two weeks after we had blood work in Tulsa, showed that his CEA (marker in the blood) had gone from 57 when we had it done in Tulsa to 72 in just two weeks time.

The clinic will do blood work again this Wednesday and we will be able to see if the CEA is coming down or at least holding stable from the treatments. I truly believe this treatment will improve Harold’s condition. He is feeling good and looking very good also (although he has never looked like he has a severe case of cancer).

Our journey continues...if you are interested, check out this site related to using hyperthermia to treat cancer - I will continue to post articles that I find in my quest for curing Harold's cancer. Speaking of, I was given an honorary Doctoral Degree from one of Harold's doctors last week; I think they continue to be impressed with my extensive knowledge of the disease (I feel very lucky that there are so many tools that help guide my path to these discoveries - knowledge truly is power!)

Love to all - as always, feel free to post comments by clicking the comments link directly below this blog entry - we truly enjoy hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear youll doing good hey old buddy you did send the moisture on down here but it was in the form of ice and sleet nexst time if you would send it in rain drops have a safe trip home bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonja! Hi Harold! This is Susan Mary's daughter. Mom gave me the URL to your blog to check out so I have been reading it. Maybe when you guys come back into town next I'll take a day off work and we can all go out and do something. That would be fun. I love both of you very much and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete